Thursday, May 1, 2008

1 - CCC 260

CCC 260.
Context: Chapter on Profession of Faith, "I believe in God, The Father Almighty", section about Divine Works and Trinitarian Mission.Prayer of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity - (This may very well be our theme!)
-O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me forget myself entirely so to establish myself in you, unmovable and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to trouble my peace or make me leave you, O my unchanging God, but may each minute bring me more deeply into your mystery! Grant my soul peace. Make it your heaven, your beloved dwelling and the place of your rest. May I never abandon you there, but may I be there, whole and entire, completely vigilant in my faith, entirely adoring, and wholly given over to your creative action.

My thoughts:
A Friend once mentioned that the sooner we die to ourselves as parents, the happier we will be. Continually tripping over my own self-centeredness is a disruption to my peace and my ability to be a source of peace for others. I need so much help to be able to "Forget myself entirely" as Bl. Elizabeth says.

Is my soul able to be a peaceful resting place for Jesus? I picture a pillow on my lap with Jesus' head resting upon it. How often do I jump up abruptly to chase after the kids (or yell at them?)? Maybe I could at least move slowly and set His precious, wounded head down gently as I go to quash the current chaos. If I move slowly, can the peace of Jesus slow my temper as well?

Actions for the day:
Say the prayer. Work on memorizing it.
Try to react slower than usual.

No comments: