Wednesday, May 7, 2008

7 - Num 6:26

Numbers 6:26

The Lord Bless you and keep you.
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Context: These are the words that the Lord gives to Moses to give to Aaron to give to the people. God wants Aaron to bless the people with these very words. It comes after a long list of laws & rules and directly before the dedication of the altar.

This seems like and appropriate prayer for others in my own prayers.

It suggests that a look from God will bring us peace. But how would I know I was getting a look from God (and thus receive His peace) if I am not looking towards Him?

Keeping my focus on God seems to be conducive to peace and the other blessings of this prayer as well.

No comments: